Internet access for the Box is crucial for its proper functioning. To achieve this, a dedicated 10 Mbps access is required to ensure sufficient bandwidth for downloads, streaming, updates, and remote maintenance tasks.
👉️For this purpose, we recommend the following types of connections:
Ethernet Cable with DHCP - Recommended
This is the default configuration, which ensures that your box can connect to any type of network. It can work with a home network or directly from your internet service provider. Since DHCP is a dynamic protocol, it provides versatility. If you're unsure whether you meet this requirement, consider the following:
- Do you have direct internet from your provider? If the answer is yes, it is likely DHCP.
- Do you have an IT team that restricts certain sites? If the answer is yes, it may be a fixed IP configuration. We recommend consulting with your technology team.
In any case, it's always a plus to have a Wi-Fi network as a backup option. This provides an alternative connection in case one of them fails or becomes unstable.
Ethernet Cable with Fixed IP
In some cases, your IT team may have control over the store's networks. This means that, unlike the previous point, the connection parameters will be specific, particularly the Box's IP address.
As a fixed IP, any changes made within the network will require reconfiguration of the equipment by connecting an HDMI display, mouse, and keyboard to the box. Considering this, it's still advantageous to have a Wi-Fi network as a secondary connection option.
This option may have less stability as it is often used by multiple devices simultaneously and tends to undergo more frequent changes. For example, changing the password will cause instant disconnection of the Box.
In this scenario, it will be possible to reconfigure a new password by connecting an HDMI display, mouse, and keyboard to the box.
- How to Install My Brandtrack Box
- Necessary Connections for Operating the Brandtrack Box
- Review and Editing of IP Address
- Best Practices for Taking Care of Your Brandtrack Box
- My Brandtrack Box is Not Playing Music